Dr Monojit Ray(Principal) or Prof Sumita Chakraborty (Convenor, Anti Ragging Committee)
03325945270 or 03325452059
Rules and Regulations
1. All students are accountable to the Principal for their conduct in college.
2. Academic callender is distributed to the students at the beginning of the academic year. Students are advised to be punctual and to attend all lectures regularly.
3. Under the University Notification No- CSR/64/99, a candidate shall be considered as collegiate if ha/she attends 75% lectures in any subject, and as non-collegiate if attendance in any subject fails short of 75% but not below 60%. A candidate who has not attended at least 60% lecture shall be considered discollegiate & shall be debarred from appearing at any examination.
In case of absent due to illness, students are required to submit to the Principal a medical certificated with a letter from the parents (guardian) explaining the reasons for absence.
4. Students are required to carry their Identity Cards bearing their Photographs. Without Identity Card no student will be allowed to enter the college campus.
5. Smoking and Spitting is forbidden in the college premises.
6. Any students found guilty of damaging college property or of any other form of indiscipline like writing on /defacing walls will be severely punished.
7. All college excursions or outings require prior permission from the Principal.
8. Only those students who attend the class regularly and participate in the class test / Midterm/ Test Examination in the college prior to University Examinations (Part-I, Part-II and Part-III) will be permitted to appear for the said examination. The answer Scripts of the college examinations will be preserved for inspection by University authorities.
9. Fees and other charges are payable in advance within the 15th of every month. In case of delay or non-payment, the same, will be collected with a delay fine within a period of 3 months from the due date. In case of default, the name of the student will be struck off for non-payment of fees and/ or other charges.
10. Medium of instruction for the Honours courses is English (excluding languages).